Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Become your own personal florist – it’s easier than you think. Impress family and friends by making this beautiful autumn centerpiece this Thanksgiving season.
- Dow STRYOFOAM Brand Foam Disc, 2″x8″
- Silk autumn leaves bush
- Silk mum and berry bush
- Autumn fruit and gourd picks, three
- Glass candleholder, 5-1⁄2″ diameter., 8″ tall
- Spice-scented candle, 4″ tall
- Glass floral beads, small bag
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue
- Wire cutters
1. Cut foundation foliage to 8″ lengths. Dip ends in glue and insert into side of disc, facing to the right and rotating disc counter-clockwise as you insert foliage. Leave room in center of disc for placement of glass candleholder.
2. Cut flowers into 5″ lengths, dip ends in glue, and insert at various positions within foliage.
3. Dip pick ends in glue and insert at equal intervals throughout.
4. Let dry for two hours. Fluff foliage for a more natural look.
1. Gently place glass beads in bottom of candleholder.
2. Insert candle and place holder in center of base. (Note: Never leave lit candles unattended.)
Substitute the candleholder and candle with a jar candle. You’ll find so many great color and scents!
by Barb Sunderlage