Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Transform chipboard and printable film from Grafix into an inspirational accent piece. Personalize with names, phrases, words and more!
- Grafix Chipboard Squares: White , five; Black, three
- Grafix Silver Metallic Foil Board, 10”x13”
- Grafix Computer Grafix Clear Adhesive-Backed Film
- Assorted black-and-white ribbons
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Heat tool
- Stamps: Hero Arts Music Background, Old Letter Writing, Zig Zag, Canvas Stripes, Lattice Background; Hampton Art Flourish Background
- Clearsnap Smooch Spritz Pearlescent Accent Spray: Cherry Ice, Gingersnap, Sun Kissed, Limolicious, Splash, Grape Burst
- Clearsnap ColorBox Pigment Ink Pads: Frost White, Black
- Clearsnap Top Boss Embossing Powder: Black, White
- Clearsnap Color Catcher Spray Box
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry Paper Glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, hole punch
Stamp Frost White and emboss White three Black chipboard squares as follows: first square Flourish Background, second square Music Background, third square Old Letter Writing.
Stamp Black and emboss Black three White chipboard squares as follows: first square Canvas Stripes, second square Lattice Background, third square Zig Zag.
Print “CREATE” in font of choice, sized to approximately 1-1/2” to 1-3/4” tall, and spaced so that letters can be cut out in 2” squares, on Clear Adhesive-Backed Film Sheet. Let ink dry, then cut out letters in 2” squares.
Cut six 2”x2” squares from remaining White chipboard squares. One at a time, place 2”x2” White chipboard squares in Color Catcher and spritz each with a different color of Smooch Spritz; set aside to dry.
Adhere letters to “Smooched” chipboard squares. Cut six 2-1/4”x2-1/4” squares from Silver foil board; mat “Smooched” squares on foil board squares.
Adhere matted letter squares to centers of 4”x4” chipboard squares as shown to spell “CREATE”.
Mark and punch two holes on both sides of 4”x4” chipboard squares for “R”, first “E”, “A”, and “T”. Punch only right side of “C” and left side of second “E”.
Cut ten 8” ribbon lengths. Thread ribbons through punched holes to tie letters together.
- Visit Grafix’s YouTube channel for a video demonstration of this project.
by Tami Sanders for Grafix (www.grafixarts.com)