Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
So patriotic, you may find yourself humming “God Bless America” while painting this pin!
- Wooden shapes: rectangle, 2”x2-1⁄2”; circle, 1-1⁄8” diameter; star, 1-1⁄2” across
- Delta Ceramcoat Acrylic Paints: Light Ivory, Tomato Spice, Midnight Blue, Spice Brown, Golden Brown
- Bar pin, 1” long
- Loew-Cornell Paintbrushes: round: Series FAB, #4; Series 4000, #5; wash, Series 4550, 1⁄2”; angular shader, Series 4400, 1⁄4”; DES Stylus
- Delta Ceramcoat Instant Age Varnish
- Black ultra-fine tip permanent marker
scissors, pencil, transfer paper, sandpaper, soft cloth, newspaper (to cover work surface)
On covered work surface, use wash brush to basecoat rectangle and circle Light Ivory and star Golden Brown.
Print and cut out pattern. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.) Transfer details. Use #5 round brush to basecoat left corner of circle (“union”) Midnight Blue, and to paint Tomato Spice stripes. Dot union field Light Ivory. Use angular shader to float Spice Brown around inner blue edges. Transfer lettering and details; trace with marker.
For worn look, sand edges of shapes; wipe with soft cloth. Apply varnish to all shapes. Adhere pieces together as shown and bar pin to back.
by Karen Sippel