Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Bring the enchantment of the sea to any bath with beautiful and fragrant handmade soap you can emboss using M-Bossabilities Embossing Folders and Craft Foils from Spellbinders.
- Spellbinders Delicate Pastels Premium Craft Foils Assortment
- May Arts Ivory Curled Edge Sheer Ribbon
- Life of the Party Creative Soap Bar Kit
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Raspberry Spacer Plate
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Shell Beauty Embossing Folder
- Microwave oven
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Non-stick cooking spray
scissors, ruler, measuring cup, measuring spoon, mixing spoon
1. Measure inside bottom of soap mold and cut foil piece to same dimensions.
2. Place foil inside Shell Beauty embossing folder and emboss with Raspberry Spacer Plate and Grand Calibur machine.
3. Place foil inside mold with embossed area facing down. Lightly coat soap mold and embossed foil with non-stick cooking spray to make release easier.
4. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to melt soap. Add colorant and fragrance, if desired. Add less colorant for more pastel look; add more for deeper color. Use caution as melted soap is very hot when removed from microwave.
5. Carefully pour melted soap into mold and let set as indicated in instructions.
6. Once soap is fully set, remove from mold by gently pressing on mold. Gently lift edge of foil from soap and peel away.
7. If desired, tie soap bar with ribbon for decorative effect.
- Lightly coat soap mold and embossed foil with non-stick cooking spray to allow for easy removal of embossed soap.
by Darsie Bruno for Spellbinders (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)