Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
If you have a collection of pretty hankies just sitting in a drawer, showcase them by creating these darling coasters.
- National Nonwovens Wool Felt: Cream, colors of choice
- Buttons, assorted
- Sewing machine and matching thread
- Iron and pressing surface
- The Warm Co. Steam-A-Seam2
- Pinking shears
- Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive
Cut 4-1/2” square from each hankie. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply Steam-A-Seam2 to wrong side of each hankie square. Remove backing from each square.
Place hankie wrong side down onto cream felt and use iron to fuse in place. Using pinking shears, carefully trim around each felt/hankie square.
Machine-sew zigzag stitch 1/8” from edge of hankie.
Adhere cream felt/hankie to another coordinating wool felt color. Use pinking shears to trim around edges, leaving 1/8” border.
Adhere buttons to coaster.
by Rebekah Meier