Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
What could be better than a refreshing glass of lemonade in the scorching heat of summer? Present this lemonade gift jar as the perfect hostess gift at your next summer get-together.
- Ball Wide Mouth Quart Jar with lid
- Krylon Blue Ocean Breeze Indoor/Outdoor Spray Paint
- Cardstock: white, dark yellow, glossy light yellow
- Alphabet stickers, aqua, 1”
- Yellow twill tape, 1/2”, 24” length
- Powdered lemonade mix
- Alphabet rubber stamps
- Clearsnap Colorbox Paintbox Chalk Ocean Breeze
- Punches: scalloped oval, 2-1/2”x3-1/2”; hole punch, 1/4”
- Sponge dauber
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots
scissors, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Separate lid rim and seal. Spray paint both items, letting dry between coats.
Spray lower section of clean jar with paint, letting paint mist above that section. Let dry.
Adhere stickers to spell “lemonade mix” between painted area and clear glass.
For “lemon slice”, cut 1-1/2” circle from dark yellow cardstock; cut in half. Cut four small light yellow triangles to fit inside half circle as shown in photo; ink edges Yellow Citrus. Using foam dots, adhere triangles onto half circle, creating a faux lemon slice.
Punch one scalloped oval each from white and dark yellow cardstock; ink edges Yellow Citrus. Stamp words “Pucker Up” on one oval and mix instructions on remaining oval in desired colors. Punch hole at top of each oval.
Thread twill tape through tag holes and tie around lid. Fill jar with lemonade mix.
by Roxi Phillips for Krylon