Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Use assorted dye inks and glossy photo paper to create the pretty background for this die-cut silhouette scene.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock: Black, White, Mint Green
- Glossy photo paper
- May Arts White Silk Ribbon
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Shapeabilities Just Swingin’ (S4-391), Nestabilities Card Creator A2 Curved Matting Basics B (S5-172)
- JustRite Papercraft Topsy Turvy Cakes Stamp Set
- Clearsnap ColorBox Stylus
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Cantaloupe, Bamboo Leaves, Tuxedo Black
- White gel pen
- Beacon Adhesives Advanced 3-in-1 Glue
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil
Make 4-3/4”x5-3/4” mint green side-fold card. Cut 4-1/2”x5-1/2” white cardstock panel; adhere to card front.
Die cut/emboss A2 Curved Matting Basics B #9 shape from glossy photo paper.
Using stylus with sponge dauber tips and working from top to bottom, lightly apply Summer Sky, Lulu Lavender, Angel Pink, Cantaloupe, and Bamboo Leaves inks in rows across die-cut photo paper. Blend each color towards center and together with each application to achieve gradient look. Let dry.
Die cut/emboss Just Swingin’ Tree Scene, Tire, and one Rope from black cardstock. Highlight shapes with white gel pen; let dry. Adhere shapes to inked background as shown. Stamp Tuxedo Black sentiment in lower right corner; let dry. Adhere background panel to card front.
Tie small bow; adhere to top of rope.
- Tap inked sponge dauber off onto scrap paper before applying to photo paper for softer effect; it is easier to add more color than it is to take it away.
by Darsie Bruno for Spellbinders Paper Arts (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)