Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Show someone how much you care with this pretty, floral-patterned card adorned with a delicate filigree butterfly. Lacey, scalloped edges and a sweet sentiment will warm their heart.
- Bazzill Basics Paper Peach Cardstock
- Kaisercraft These Days Collection Papers: Family, Generation, Reunion, Tradition
- Kaisercraft Ivory Adhesive Pearls
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Dies: Borderabilities Card Creator A2 Scalloped Borders One (S5-182), Shapeabilities Les Papillions Two (S4-395)
- JustRite Papercraft Hugs & Kisses Sentiments Stamp Set
- Clearsnap ColorBox Stylus
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Ink Pads: Tuxedo Black, Potter’s Clay
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Light Peach Marker
- Beacon Adhesives Advanced 3-in-1 Glue
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, low-tack masking tape
Make 6”x4-1/2” peach top-fold card.
Cut 6”x4-1/2” striped paper panel. With stripes placed perpendicular to cutting line of die, die cut/emboss bottom edge using A2 Scalloped Borders One #7 die. With marker, outline scalloped edge. Adhere panel to card.
Cut 6”x3” peach dot paper panel. Die cut/emboss bottom edge with #4 and #5 border dies, placing dies side by side on paper to create nested effect before cutting; see tip. Adhere to card.
Cut 6”x2” blue paper panel; die cut/emboss bottom edge with #5 border die. Adhere to card.
Cut 6”x1-3/4” small floral paper panel; die cut/emboss bottom edge with #6 border die.
Die cut/emboss Les Papillions Two butterfly shapes as follows: #2 shadow shape from peach cardstock; #2 filigree shape from Tradition paper. To stencil, leave paper in shadow die and use sponge dauber to apply Potter’s Clay ink through openings.
Layer and adhere butterfly pieces to card as shown, placing adhesive under body sections only and leaving wings free. Color two pearls with marker; adhere one to butterfly’s body and one to upper left corner of card.
Stamp Tuxedo Black sentiment at lower right. Color three pearls with marker and adhere to card beneath sentiment.
- Use painter’s tape to hold coordinating die templates together, such as A2 Scalloped Borders One #4 and #5 dies. Lay taped pieces onto paper, and then cut/emboss.
by Darsie Bruno for Spellbinders Paper Arts (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)