Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Keep your recipe easily accessible when making your favorite dish with this adorable cupcake recipe holder.
- Polyform Sculpey III: Ultralight, Chocolate (053), colors of choice (sprinkles)
- Silicone baking cup
- Metal coil ring
- Clay-dedicated rolling pin or wooden dowel
- Old or promo credit card (for cutter)
- Parchment-lined baking sheet and oven
Adults, help kids when baking clay in oven.
1. On clean work surface, remove clay from packages. To condition, roll clay separately in hands until soft, bending and rolling until pliable. If clay cracks, keep conditioning.
2. Roll Chocolate clay into extra-large ball. Press ball in silicone baking cup. Slightly flatten top.
3. For icing, roll Ultralight clay into long and thick log. Wrap log around top of cupcake.
4. Carefully press metal ring (to hold recipe) in top of icing.
5. From scrap clay, roll tiny different-color squares (sprinkles). Press sprinkles on top of icing.
6. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to bake recipe holder on parchment-lined baking sheet in oven. Let cool completely.
by Karen Prince