Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create frighteningly fun treat boxes using Die-namics dies. My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com) is offering a 10% savings site-wide for all Crafts ’n things fans who use code CNTINTRO at checkout. Hurry! Offer expires September 7, 2013.
- My Favorite Things Cardstock: Sour Apple, Steel Grey, Steel Blue, Black Licorice
- Wiggle eyes
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Paper Bag Treat Box, Grassy Edges, Big Numbers, Blueprints 3
- My Favorite Things Plaid Background Builder Stamp
- My Favorite Things Clearsnap ColorBox Black Licorice Premium Dye Ink Pad
- My Favorite Things MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist
- Strong paper adhesive
To Complete Frank
1. Die cut two Paper Bag Treat Boxes from Sour Apple cardstock, one of longer-bladed Grassy Edges from Black Licorice cardstock, two Big Numbers number ones from Steel Blue cardstock, and one Blueprints 3 bow tie from Steel Grey cardstock.
2. Cover work surface with newspaper. Mist Frank’s hair with MIX-ables Steel Shimmer Mist; let dry.
3. Align top edge of Frank’s hair with top edge of Paper Bag Treat Box die and trim sides even.
4. Adhere Frank’s hair to front panel of the treat box. Adhere bolts behind front panel of treat box to allow the top portion of the “1” to be hidden.
5. Assemble box using the directions for Basic Box Assembly; see below.
6. Stamp Black Licorice Plaid Background Builder design onto Steel Grey bow tie; adhere to treat box as shown. Attach two wiggle eyes.
Basic Box Assembly
1. Cut two Paper Bag Treat Boxes from cardstock of choice.
2. Pre-fold along all score lines on two box panels.
3. Apply strong adhesive to both flaps on both panels and on bottom rectangle of only one panel.
4. Assemble individual panels by adhering one flap to interior of front panel.
5. Form box by adhering panel with adhesive on bottom to inside of other panel. Adhere all remaining flaps to the inside of front and back panels of the paper bag treat box.
- My Favorite Things makes it fun and easy to create a jovial jack-o’-lantern, mesmerizing mummy, bewitching bat, and spine-chilling spider web with products available on their website at www.mftstamps.com.
by Amy Rohl for My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com)