Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
It looks like wood and expensive paint, but the secret to this eye-catching centerpiece is everyday clay pots and acrylic paint.
- Clay items: bowl, 8″; pot, 4″; saucer, 6″
- Wooden beads, 30 to 35 each: round, 3⁄4″, 3⁄8″, 1⁄4″; oblong, 3⁄4″
- Wooden items: hearts, 1″, eight; wheels, 1⁄2″, eight; knobs, 1″, two; buttons or discs, 1″, two
- Acrylic or outdoor paints: burgundy, black
- Spray sealer
- String or heavy thread
- Damp sponge or cloth
- Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue
paintbrush, newpaper (to cover work surface), damp sponge or cloth
Turn saucer upside down; adhere pot to saucer and bowl to pot. Let dry overnight.
String beads as follows: large, medium, small, oblong, small, medium; adhere strand to bowl edge. For seam between bowl and pot, string all large beads; adhere in place. For seam between pot and saucer, string medium, small, oblong, small beads; adhere in place.
For handles, adhere buttons/discs to sides of bowl; adhere knobs to buttons. Adhere evenly-spaced hearts under beads between bowl and pot. Adhere wheels to hearts.
On covered work surface, paint centerpiece burgundy; let dry. For antique look, paint small sections black and quickly wipe with damp sponge or cloth. Apply sealer.
by Kirsten Peters McGrath for iLoveToCreate