Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Colorful fall flowers are perfect for September birthday wishes. The subtle leaf pattern in the background paper complements the rich palette.
- Cardstock: Bazzill Basics Paper Cool Cantaloupe, Papertrey Ink Vintage Cream
- Karen Foster Design Maple Dew Paper
- Clear stamp sets: Papertrey Ink Fancy Folk Art, Flourishes Zinnias
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: Grayish Yellow YG93, Spanish Olive YG97, Warm Gray 2 W2, Pumpkin Yellow YR15, Sanguine YR18, Brown E08, Cadmium Yellow Y15, Peach R32, Coral R35, Mignonette YG11, Chartreuse YG13, Abyss Green BG72, Ice Ocean BG75, Bronze BG78
- Therm O Web Adhesives: XL Permanent Tape Runner, 3D Foam Strips
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil
1. Make 4-3/4”x6-3/4” orange side-fold card. Cut smaller leaf paper panel; adhere to card.
2. Stamp flower image and sentiment onto cream cardstock as shown; trim to size.
3. Re-ink and stamp sentiment onto leaf paper scrap; detail cut banner and adhere to original image.
4. Using photo as guide, color image with markers. Color leaves Grayish Yellow YG93 and Spanish Olive YG97. Color shadow Warm Gray 2 W2. Color flower petals Pumpkin Yellow YR15, Sanguine YR18, and Brown E08. Color flower centers Cadmium Yellow Y15, Peach R32, and Coral R35. Color jar and lid Pumpkin Yellow YR15, Mignonette YG11, Chartreuse YG13, Abyss Green BG72, Ice Ocean BG75, and Bronze BG78.
5. Mat image panel on orange cardstock. Adhere to card using foam strips.
- Save seed and flower catalogs and use the photos as a guide for coloring images.
by Alice Golden (www.alicegolden.com)