Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
This project has a secret! Those clusters of flowers and buttons are actually magnets, waiting to be moved and put into use! Felt-covered MAGPANELS magnet boards are the perfect accent for any room. Swap colors to match any décor.
- MAGPANELS Extra Large Magpanel Vertical
- MAGPANELS Magnets
- National Nonwovens WoolFelt: Pumpkin Spice, Copper, Mac ‘n Cheese
- BoBunny Press Blossoms Collection, assorted colors: Bouquet, Dahlia
- BoBunny Press Blossoms Collection Wildberry Lace
- Vintage buttons and crocheted motifs
- Large black grommets, two
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System and Bigz Branch with Leaves Die
- Grommet setter
- Adhesives: Eclectic Products E6000 Spray Adhesive; Beacon Adhesives Fabri-Tac Permanent Adhesive, Gem-Tac Embellishing Glue; Tombow Power Tabs
1. Cut 9”x18” Pumpkin Spice felt panel. Following manufacturer’s instructions and using spray adhesive, center and adhere felt to center front of Magpanel. Make sure fabric is smooth and taut; adhere ends at back of Magpanel. Let dry.
2. Cut two 4-1/4”x18” Copper felt strips. Adhere strips to sides of Magpanel, overlapping pumpkin felt edges 1/2”. Adhere excess fabric at back of Magpanel, neatly wrapping felt at rounded corners. Clip corners as needed to ease fit. Let dry.
3. Using small dabs of Fabri-Tac adhesive, cut and adhere four strips of crocheted lace to Magpanel; adhere vertical strips, then horizontal strips as shown. Cut lace lengths 2” longer and wider than Magpanel; wrap and adhere ends at back. Let dry.
4. Adhere included felt backing to back of Magpanel to hide raw felt edges. Let dry.
5. Using photo as guide, cut holes in felt and set grommets for hanging.
6. Die cut three branches from Mac ‘n Cheese felt. Adhere to Magpanel using Fabri-Tac adhesive; let dry.
7. Adhere magnets to back of each flower and large vintage button using Power Tabs. Adhere buttons to flower centers using Gem-Tac adhesive; let dry.
8. Cluster magnets in decorative arrangement at upper right and lower left sections of Magpanel when not in use.
- No need for a lot of glue! A little bit is all that’s needed for attaching crocheted lace to the Magpanel and for attaching buttons to flowers.
by Judi Kauffman for MAGPANELS (www.magpanels.com)