Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Make a “School Memories” book to hold school photos and milestone moments as a keepsake of your child’s grade school or even college years. Make it fast with adhesives by Xyron!
- Simple Stories Red Sn@p Binder and Inserts, 6”x8”
- Vintage book page
- Pink Paislee Daily Junque Collection Chalkboard Stickers
- School-themed cardstock stickers
- Michaels Apple-Shaped Felt Frame
- Assorted ribbon: white, yellow, striped
- Hydrangea Hippo Rainbow Rick Rack Assortment
- Buttons Galore & More Sunshine Yellow Buttons
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron 5″ Create-A-Sticker Max
- Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots
- White crayon (optional)
School Memories Book
1. Following manufacturer’s instructions, run vintage book page through Xyron Create-A-Sticker Max. Peel page off backing and apply to center of binder cover. (Note: With Xyron Create-A-Sticker Max, there is no drying time, unlike découpage medium, and the texture of the vintage book page is preserved.)
2. Apply adhesive to back of felt photo frame using Xyron Mega Runner; adhere frame to binder cover as desired.
3. Adhere chalkboard sticker to center of photo frame. Adhere two school-themed stickers to chalkboard sticker. (Note: In place of school-themed stickers, write message or child’s name on chalkboard sticker using white crayon.)
4. Adhere buttons to felt frame as shown using Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots.
5. Wrap white and yellow ribbons and rick rack around binder cover and tie into bows, clustered at top. Tie smaller striped bow. Adhere bow and button to ribbon cluster using Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- Use Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots to hold buttons, bows, and other dimensional embellishments to any surface, from paper and plastic to wood and metal.
by Jennifer Priest for Xyron, Inc. (www.xyron.com)