Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
If you love watching the colorful autumn leaves drift gently to the ground, get ready for the change of season with an easy, new fall centerpiece.
- Large foam pumpkin
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection 12”x12” Paper Pack
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection Doodle Seals Cardstock Stickers
- Doodlebug Design Happy Harvest Collection Doodads Pins
- Bamboo skewers, six
- Brown/white dotted grosgrain ribbon, 1” wide
- Brown fabric strip, 1” wide
- Xyron *NEW* 3” Sticker Maker
- Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape
- Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- EK Success Punches: Circle, 1-1/2”; Scallop Circle, 2”
- Scallop-edge scissors
scissors, ruler, pencil
Happy Harvest Centerpiece
1. Punch one scallop circle and two circles for each of the seven rosettes (“lollies”) from various patterned papers.
2. For each lolly, use scallop-edge scissors to cut two 2”x12” strips from a single patterned paper. (Note: You will need a total of 14 strips for seven lollies; cut strips for each lolly from a different paper.)
3. Accordion-fold strips along “valleys” naturally created by scallops.
4. For each lolly, adhere two matching accordion-folded strips to one another along 2” edge with Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape. Bring ends together to form a circle and connect them using Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
5. Gather and gently press accordion-folded circle flat to create lolly. Adhere lolly with three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots to center of one punched circle for back of lolly. Adhere scallop circle to center front of lolly using three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots. Using Xyron 1/2” High Tack Tape, adhere remaining circle to center of scallop circle. Repeat to create six more lollies.
6. Adhere Doodads pins to centers of six lolly fronts using three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots. Embellish front of seventh lolly with turkey sticker; set lolly aside.
7. On back side of six remaining lollies, use three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots to adhere blunt end of bamboo skewer to center of circle. Punch six additional circles from patterned papers and run through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker; cover skewer on lolly back with sticker.
8. Tie length of ribbon in knot around each bamboo skewer.
9. Randomly poke pointed ends of bamboo skewers into foam pumpkin top as shown in photo.
10. Run 1” fabric strip through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker and wrap around center of pumpkin.
11. Use extra fabric to make bow; adhere over fabric strip at center front of pumpkin using three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots.
12. Adhere turkey lolly to top of bow using three Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots.
- You may also use the Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape to adhere fabric to the pumpkin for a strong hold.
by Ann Corbiere-Scott for Xyron, Inc. (www.xyron.com)