Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Transform an old picture frame into your very own “antique” holiday décor mirror.
- Frame with glass insert, 10”x14”
- American Crafts Crate Paper Bundled Up Collection: Winter patterned paper, Ephemera Cardstock Die-cuts
- WorldWin Vellum
- May Arts Red Twill/Chevron Ribbon (382-34-14), 3/4”, 1 yd.
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, 5” Creative Station with Permanent/Laminate Cartridge, High Tack Double-Sided Tape, 9” Creative Station, High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Krylon Looking Glass Mirror-Like Spray Paint
- EK Success Martha Stewart Crafts Sterling Glitter
scissors, vinegar, spray bottle, paper towels, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Using photo frame die-cut as pattern, cut same-size panel from paper. Apply adhesive to back side of photo frame die-cut using Xyron 3” Sticker Maker; adhere paper to die-cut. Adhere tree, boy and snowman using Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. Adhere sledding girl to banner using Xyron Double-Sided Tape. Adhere banner to die cut collage.
Run entire die cut collage through Xyron 5” Creative Station to apply laminate to back side and adhesive to front. Trim with scissors.
Freehand cut hills from vellum. Apply adhesive using Xyron 9” Creative Station. Sprinkle with glitter; burnish to paper with finger. Run glittered hills back through Creative Station to apply adhesive on top of glitter.
Adhere die cut collage to glass panel first, followed by glitter hills. (Note: The layers seem backward because they are on back side of glass. The top layer is adhered first.)
Combine 1 part vinegar with 2 parts water in small spray bottle. Over covered work surface, lightly mist back of glass, over collage and hills, to create antique-looking blemishes. Spray paint over spritzed glass. Allow to dry for one minute, then use paper towel to blot water-marked areas. Repeat 1-2 times. (Note: Laminating die cut collage keeps paint from seeping through during this step.)
When dry, place glass back in frame. Tie ribbon into large bow; adhere with Xyron Adhesive Dots. Use additional Xyron Adhesive Dots to add dimension to bow tails. Trim as desired.
The top adhesive film can be used to clean up any extra glitter that may have spilled in work area.
by Gini Williams Cagle for Xyron, Inc. (www.xyron.com)