Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Welcome the new baby with a trendy chevron background and an old-fashioned pram.
- Cardstock: white rustic (flecked), Bazzill Basics Paper Kraft
- SEI Cardboard Alphabet
- BasicGrey Black Micro Mono Cardstock Alphabet Stickers
- Computer and color printer
- Sewing machine and white thread
- Die-cutting system and Hero Arts Baby Motifs Frame Cuts
- Hero Arts Stamp Sets: New Baby Clear Set, All Things Arrows Digikit
- Acrylic block
- Hero Arts Hero Hues Black Dye Ink Pad
- Adhesives: foam tape, paper glue
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, removable tape
Using computer and software, download digital stamp set. In blank document, insert arrow stamp, recolor, and copy/paste repeatedly to create a chevron background. Print onto rustic cardstock.
Cut 4”x5-1/4” chevron paper panel. Using photo as guide, position carriage die on panel and secure with removable tape. Die cut paper panel; remove cut-out and tape. (Note: Save cut-out carriage to use as an embellishment on another project.)
Sew border around carriage and panel edges.
Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” Kraft top-fold card. Center die-cut paper panel over card front; carefully stamp baby carriage image through opening. Adhere panel to card with foam tape.
Stamp heart onto chevron paper scrap; detail cut heart and adhere to carriage with foam tape.
Adhere alphabet letters and stickers to card to create sentiment.
- Create trendy background paper using digital stamps! This digi stamp set from Hero Arts includes 20 customizable images that you can recolor and resize as desired.
by Lucy Abrams for Hero Arts (www.heroarts.com)