Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Add a touch of elegance and sophistication to your wedding ceremony with this sparkling Beaded Unity Candle.
- Clear glass cylinder vase, 3-1⁄2” diameter, 8-3⁄4” tall
- White floating candle
- Rub-on wedding sentiment of choice
- Bead Treasures Crystal Oblong Czech Glass Bead Mix (available at www.hobbylobby.com, sku #410704)
- Deckle decorative-edged scissors
- Ultra-fine iridescent glitter
- Thermo O Web PeelnStick Double-Sided Adhesive
scissors, tray, water
Follow manufacturer’s instructions to apply rub-on transfer of choice to upper center of vase as shown.
Use regular scissors to cut two long strips of desired width from adhesive to fit around top and bottom of vase. Trim one long edge of each with decorative-edged scissors. Remove backing and adhere to top and bottom of cylinder, aligning straight adhesive edges with top and bottom of vase and overlapping short ends. Add small pieces of adhesive to fill any gaps as needed.
Remove remaining backing. Holding vase over tray, sprinkle bead mix over adhesive. Gently tap off excess and use fingers to press beads to adhesive. Repeat until all adhesive is covered. Sprinkle glitter over beaded areas; tap off excess.
Fill vase with water to just above sentiment; place floating candle in vase.
- For a subtle yet different effect, change the color of glitter to match your wedding colors.
by Dawn Gehring