Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Stamp and watercolor a masterpiece for Mother’s Day or Mom’s next birthday.
- Stampin’ Up! Cardstock: So Saffron, Chocolate Chip
- STAEDTLER Watercolor Paper
- My Mind’s Eye Indie Chic Ginger Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Sizzix Big Shot Die-Cutting System
- Spellbinders Edgeabilities Classic Scallop Die
- Our Daily Bread Designs Stamp Sets: Happy Birthday, Mom
- Ranger Ink Pads: Archival Jet Black, Tim Holtz Distress Gathered Twigs
- STAEDTLER Ergo-Soft Aquarell Watercolor Pencils
- Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Acrylic Grid Blocks
- Scor-Pal Scor-Pal Scoring Board
- Ranger Inkssentials Tools: Ink Blending Tool, Craft Nibs, Craft Nib Holder
- Inky Antics Gamsol (odorless mineral spirits)
- Adhesives: paper adhesive, foam dots, Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, stamp cleaner, non-stick craft sheet
Make 5-1/2”x4-1/4” gold top-fold card. Sponge edges Gathered Twigs using Ink Blending Tool.
Cut smaller panel from desired paper, sponge edges Gathered Twigs, and mat on brown cardstock. Adhere to card.
Cut paper strip same width as patterned panel, sponge edges Gathered Twigs, and mat on brown cardstock. Die cut brown border strip, trim, and adhere to back bottom edge of layered strip. Stamp Jet Black sentiment and adhere strip to card.
Stamp Jet Black watering can image onto watercolor paper. Using photo as guide, outline individual sections of image using watercolor pencils. To blend colors, dip edge of blending nib into Gamsol, then pull color into desired areas using circular motion. Repeat until entire image is colored.
Using paper trimmer, trim image down so only a few portions extend beyond edge. Detail cut those portions of image.
Sponge edges of image panel Gathered Twigs. Mat on brown cardstock and adhere to card with foam dots.
- Create a coordinating fresh floral centerpiece for Mom inside a new watering can. It’s always fun to have new garden tools.
by Lisa Somerville (www.lisasomerville.com)