Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create a quick-and-easy holiday card that showcases a simple, elegant die-cut bow.
- Cardstock: mauve shimmer, dark burgundy, Die Cuts With a View Metallic Gold
- My Mind’s Eye Lost & Found Christmas Paper: Peace, Noel
- Self adhesive pearls
- May Arts Gold Metallic String (SM30)
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Whimsy Embossing Folder (ES-004)
- Spellbinders Die Templates: Nestabilities Labels Thirty Three (S5-187), Classic Ovals SM (S4-112); Shapeabilities Font One – Uppercase (S6-009), Create-A-Flake Five (S4-404), Jewel Flowers and Flourishes (S5-143), Charmed I’m Sure (S4-399)
- Krylon 18kt Gold Leafing Pen
- Adhesives: foam tape, adhesive runner, adhesive dots
paper trimmer, ruler
1. Create 6”x4-3/4” mauve shimmer top-fold card.
2. Cut 5-3/4”x4-1/2” Metallic Gold cardstock panel; mat to card with foam tape.
3. Cut 5-5/8”x4-3/8” dark burgundy cardstock panel; mat to card with adhesive runner.
4. Cut Peace paper to 5-1/2”x4-1/4”; emboss using Whimsy folder. Adhere pearls to center of each round flower motif. Adhere to card with adhesive runner.
5. Using Labels Thirty-Three #4, die cut shape from Noel paper. Apply gold leafing pen to die cut edges; adhere to card with foam tape.
6. Using Font One – Uppercase, die cut letters N, E, and L from mauve shimmer cardstock. Using Create-A-Flake Five #2, die cut snowflake from Metallic Gold cardstock. Adhere all elements to card with foam tape as shown.
7. Using Jewel Flowers and Flourishes, die cut swirl from mauve shimmer cardstock. Adhere to right side of card with foam tape.
8. From Metallic Gold cardstock, die cut two each: Charmed I’m Sure pennant, Classic Ovals SM #2 and #3.
9. Place adhesive dot over hole in both pennants.
11. To assemble half of bow, stack small oval atop larger oval, securing with adhesive dot. Adhere oval stack in place on pennant. Repeat for other half.
12. Loop Gold Metallic String through ornament and up toward card top; trim 1” beyond top of card.
13. Using foam tape, adhere both halves of bow to card, pulling string gently through center.
14. Add large pearl embellishments to center of bow and snowflake.
- Use a knitting needle or dowel to gently round your bow elements. Simply pull each element across the rounded surface with your thumb riding lightly over top of the paper to aid in the curling.
by Spellbinders Paper Arts (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)