Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create this eerie and elegant accent to decorate your home or your Halloween costume.
- Burlap drawstring bag, 4”x6”
- Black netting
- Ivory lace trim
- Black feathers
- Black embroidery floss
- Jeweled spider earrings, one pair
- Advantus Tim Holtz idea-ology Symphony Tissue Tape
- Stampendous! Cling Raven Background Stamp (CRR152-R)
- Ink pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko VersaMark; Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Inks Rusty Hinge, Vintage Photo
- Stampendous! Embossing Powders: Fran-táge Aged Gold Embossing Enamel, Black Detail Embossing Powder
- Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Black Magic, Sunshine Yellow
- Adhesives: clear dots, liquid glue, Scor-Pal Scor-Tape
scissors, ruler, heat tool, sponges, non-stick craft mat
1. Using watermark ink, stamp raven image onto vellum. Heat emboss with black embossing powder. Tear vellum around image edges.
2. Sponge torn vellum edges with watermark ink; heat emboss with gold embossing enamel.
3. Sponge vellum with Distress Inks to create aged effect.
4. Layer black netting over burlap bag; adhere with liquid glue. Let dry.
5. Tear and adhere tape strips to upper right and lower left corners of vellum.
6. Cut 2-1/2” lace length. Place lace on non-stick craft mat and spray with yellow and black Glimmer Mist; let dry. (Note: Swipe ivory or white cardstock scraps through leftover Glimmer Mist to create unique backgrounds for a future project.)
7. Adhere raven image to netting and burlap bag using liquid glue; let dry.
8. Use black floss to tie several feathers together. Adhere bundle to bag using liquid glue; let dry.
9. Using Scor-Tape, adhere lace to bag as shown. If using pierced earrings, insert earrings through front of burlap bag and replace backs inside bag. If using clip-on earrings, adhere earrings to bag using several clear adhesive dots.
10. Spray edges of burlap bag and drawstrings with black Glimmer Mist; let dry.
- Discount stores are a great resource for inexpensive costume jewelry like the spider earrings shown here.
by Suzanne Czosek (www.suzzstampingspot.blogspot.com)