Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Kids, learn how to crochet using our easy-to-follow tutorial. Then crochet this purse as a great beginner project.
- Worsted weight acrylic yarn in choice of color
- Wooden barrel bead, 3⁄4”
- Crochet hook, size N (10mm)
- Yarn needle
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet
yo = yarn over
(Note: Use three strands of yarn held together throughout.)
1. Chain (ch) 16.
2. Row 1. Single crochet (sc) in next ch. *Yarn over (yo) and insert hook in next ch. Pull yarn through ch, then yo and pull through all three loops on hook. Repeat from * across. Turn.
3. Row 2. Sc in next sc. Repeat from * across, as in Row 1. Turn.
4. Rows 3-20. Repeat Row 2.
5. Rows 21-31. Repeat from * across, as in Row 1.
6. Row 31 (flap “trim”). *Sc in next sc. Skip one sc. Double crochet (dc) four times in next sc. Repeat from * across. Fasten off
1. Ch 55 to 65 (depending on desired length of strap).
2. Row 1. Sc in each ch. Fasten off.
1. To assemble purse, fold bottom edge up, about 7”. Use yarn needle to sew edges together. Turn right side out.
2. Sew straps inside purse on each upper side edge. Sew bead to center front of purse.
- So, you don’t know how to crochet? Learn how by using this easy-to-follow Beginner’s Crochet Tutorial.