Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Create a stunning DIY gift bag to present your gift cards and smaller gifts in style.
- Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet Collection Antiquity Paper Collection (HCDP1 237)
- Cardstock: red, salmon, kraft, moss green
- Brown paper lunch bag, 5-1/2″ wide
- Large white brad
- Large oval rhinestone
- Basic Grey Magnetic Disks
- Die cutting and embossing machine
- Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliet Collection Postcard PreCut Stamp Set (HCPC 3563)
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Sweet Juliette (HCD 740), Sun Kissed Fleur (HCD 734); Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval Small (354804), Classic Oval Lg (354802), Gold Ovals One (088598), Borderabilities A2 Scalloped Borders One
- Ink pads: Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Tuxedo Black Memento; Ranger Adirondack Alcohol Lights Salmon, Earthtones in Lettuce, Pesto and Red Pepper
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Fantastix Blending Tool
- Acrylic block
- Paper adhesive
scissors, paper trimmer, ruler, pencil, scoring tool
Cut paper bag 4-1/2” from bottom. Fold the bottom of the bag on itself with long sides together and crease, making the front and back of bag completely flat.
Cut kraft cardstock to 5-1/2”x7”; score length at 4-3/4” to create front flap. Using Scalloped Borders die, die cut/emboss edge of flap as shown.
Cut red cardstock to 5-1/4”x1-1/2”; cut cream patterned paper to 5”x1-1/8”. Using Scalloped Borders die, die cut/emboss long edge of cardstock. Adhere all three panels to flap as shown.
Cover back of bag with adhesive. Adhere back panel to bag, allowing front flap to flip over bag opening.
Cut kraft cardstock to 5-1/2”x4-3/4”, red cardstock to 5-1/4”x4-1/2 and cream patterned paper to 5”x4-1/4. Using Tuxedo Black ink, stamp image on paper; color as desired with inks and blending tool.
Mat stamped panel to red cardstock; adhere matted image to kraft panel. Cover front of bag with adhesive and adhere panel to bag, aligning edges with back panel.
Using Sweet Juliette die, die cut/emboss two leaf sprays from moss green cardstock; ink edges. Adhere to bag as shown.
Using Sun Kissed Fleur die, die cut/emboss two same-size flowers, one from red and one from salmon cardstock. Center align flower layers, rotating top layer so petal colors alternate; adhere. Adhere flower to bag as shown.
Using Sweet Juliet die, die cut/emboss two same-size flowers, one from red and one from salmon cardstock. Center align flower layers of remaining red and salmon flowers, rotating top layer so petal colors alternate. Fold flower arms in to center, secure from front with brad. Adhere to flower on bag.
Using Gold Ovals One, die cut/emboss decorative oval from red cardstock. Die cut/emboss coordinating oval from kraft cardstock. Mat red oval to kraft oval. Adhere rhinestone in center. Adhere oval panel to front flap as shown, extending beyond edge of flap. Align and adhere magnet to back bottom side of oval and inside bag to keep flap closed.
Cut 1/2”x10” kraft cardstock and 1/4”x10” red cardstock strips. Mat red strip to kraft strip; adhere. Score strip 1/2” from each end; fold to 45 degrees. Adhere scored flaps to back side of back panel.
by Linda Kleman for Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)