Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Showcase an adorable fall photo with warm and feminine colors and a beautiful floral garland created with Spellbinders Media Mixáge Flowers One Dies. Media Mixáge Shields One Dies double as leaves.
- Unfinished wooden frame in size of choice
- Wool felt scraps, assorted colors
- Coordinating cardstock
- Decorative metal brads, three
- Embroidery floss, assorted colors
- Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Machine (MMM-001) and Metal Shim (MMM-203)
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Flowers One Dies (MD2-003)
- Spellbinders Media Mixáge Shields One Dies (MD1-006)
- Brown dye ink pad
- Cream acrylic paint
- Optional: Fabric paint pens
- Embroidery needle
- Adhesives: fabric glue, craft glue
soft cloth, sanding block, foam paintbrush, foam applicator
Using foam paintbrush, paint frame cream; let dry.
Sand frame with sanding block for a distressed looked; wipe with soft cloth.
Use foam applicator to apply brown dye ink to sanded frame edges; let dry.
Die cut four Flowers One Dies #2 shapes (with #1 being smallest die template) and five Flowers One Dies #1 shapes from assorted felt using Artisan X-plorer Machine.
Die cut two Flowers One Dies #2 insert shapes from felt and two Flowers One Dies #1 Insert shapes from cardstock.
Following manufacturer’s instructions and using photo as guide, assemble flowers and adhere with fabric glue; let dry. Embellish flowers with hand-stitched details using needle and floss, or draw details with fabric paint pens. If using paint pens, let dry. Insert decorative brads into center of large flowers as shown.
Die cut four Shields One Dies #2 shapes from green felt to create leaves.
Arrange and adhere assembled flowers and leaves to frame with craft glue as shown; let dry.
- Use Spellbinders Artisan X-plorer Metal Shim when cutting craft felt.
by Windy Robinson for Spellbinders (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)