Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
This simple but beautiful holiday-themed garland looks sophisticated, yet is easy enough for kids to make.
- Bazzill White Cardstock
- Echo Park Dots & Stripes Paper Collections: Metropolitan Ruby Red, Leaf; Candy Shoppe Raspberry
- The Twinery Ocean Stripe Baker’s Twine
- Xyron Adhesives: 3” Sticker Maker, 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots
- Craft punches: circle, 2”; snowflake, 1-3/8”
- Clearsnap Glitter: Winter Frost, Silver Lining
scissors, paper plates
Punch 12-20 circles from each color Echo Park paper. Sort into matching color pairs of main and back circles.
Punch 18-30 snowflakes from White cardstock.
Run snowflakes through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. Rub very well, then peel.
Carefully remove snowflakes and lay with sticky side up on paper plate.
Sprinkle snowflakes with Winter Frost glitter, making sure to cover every snowflake completely, including the edges.
Run glittered snowflakes back through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker with glitter side up. Rub very well, then peel.
Adhere snowflakes to half of main circle centers, varying colors. Set pairs aside.
Press Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots on remaining main circles in random polka dot pattern.
Lay with sticky side up on paper plate; sprinkle with Silver Lining glitter. Tap off excess.
Run decorated circles through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker.
Lay several back circles 1” apart across work surface, in desired color pattern. Starting 6” from end, lay twine across center of back circles. Adhere decorated circle to matching color back circle and twine, pressing firmly. Repeat until all circles are adhered or desired length is achieved. Trim twine 6” beyond last circle. (Note: Increase starting and ending lengths of twine to 12” or more if intending to tie around column or post.)
- Xyron makes it easy to add the glitter with very little mess, especially when crafting with children.
- Make this garland as long or as short as desired by making more or less circles.
by Cristal “Pinky” Hobbs for Xyron Inc. (www.xyron.com)