Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Simply recycle those Christmas goodie tins by spraying them with Design Master’s bright spring colors and let the kids (okay adults, too!) decorate them with Attitude magnets!
- Avatrex Magnet Attitude Inkjet Film and Magnetic Sheets, 8-1/2″x11″, two – three sheets each (Note: Magnet Attitude Package includes both film and magnet sheets.)
- Metal tins: 3”-7” tall x approx. 4”-7” diameter, three
- Digital images of spring candies, cookies, photos, etc.
- Filler: spring-decorated cookies (in plastic bag), small gifts, green paper shred, & wrapped candy eggs
- Computer and inkjet printer
- Design Master: ColorTool Spray Color: White, Lavender, Coral, Robin’s Egg
- Design Master Primer
- Elmer’s X-ACTO Tools: 5” Precision Tip Scissors, Decorative Edge Scissors
- Circle template (optional)
- Elmer’s Multi-Purpose Spray Adhesive
large box for spraying paint, copy paper, pencil, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Coral tin, 7”x4”; lavender tin, 6”x5”; blue tin, 3”x7”
1. Print digital images of spring cookies, Easter candy, typed words, or appropriate names, and 3” square photo of child on copy paper to check size.
2. Read and follow Avatrex Magnet Attitude package instructions to print mirror image of digital photos and words onto glossy side of Attitude sheets on inkjet printer. (Note: Words must be backwards.) Do not remove backing sheet.
3. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, lightly spray inside large box printed side of one Attitude sheet with spray adhesive. Turn over Attitude sheet and carefully position on white side of magnetic sheet. Press and smooth Attitude backing paper. Then remove backing paper and smooth. Set aside to dry. Repeat to attach remaining images to other sheets.
4. Use scissors to cut around each magnet shape to separate, then carefully detail cut each shape. For face photo, trace circle shape with pencil and cut out. For words, use decorative-edge scissors to cut out. Set aside.
5. In well-ventilated, newspaper-covered area, apply primer to all three tins. Let dry. Then spray tins White. (Note: Spraying tins White will brighten colors grayed by primer.) Let dry. Spray two light coats for each tin in desired color. Let thoroughly dry before attaching magnets.
6. Arrange magnets on tins and fill with goodies.
by Craft Marketing Connections, Inc.