Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Cross-stich this beautiful flower quilt sampler box or a quick-and-easy brooch as a unique gift for Mom or Grandma this Mother’s Day.
- Zweigart 32-count White Lugana (box)
- DMC 18-count White Aida (brooch)
- Wooden box of choice, 6”x6”
- Dritz Flat Button Form, 1-1/8”, Size 45
- DMC 6-strand Embroidery Floss
- White lace, 1/2” wide
- Pin back
- Craft glue
- Backstitch: 1 strand
- Cross-stitch: 2 strands
- French Knot: 1 strand (wrapped two times)
Size / Stitch Count
Approximate finished size: box, 4”x4”; brooch, 1”x1”. Stitch Count: box, 63 w x 63 h; brooch, 15 w x 15 h
2. Stitch design centered on fabric over two threads.
3. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to place project in box opening.
1. Using only heart design from chart, stitch design on 18-count Aida.
2. Following manufacturer’s instructions for button form, cut fabric to size and form.
3. Sew gathering stitch along long edge of lace. Adhere gathered edge of lace to back edges of finished button
4. Adhere pin back to button form.
- Sudberry House (www.sudberry.com) offers a complete line of products to display your cross-stitch creations. Instead of a box, try this design on a small tray, a trivet, or even a stylish key rack.
by Gail Bussi