February is the month dedicated to love and romance. All things sweet, pretty and lovely are often given as gifts on or around Valentine’s Day. This year, why not create a few pieces of charming and romantic jewelry to really get in the mood? Make one for yourself as well as one for each of your favorite friends! Using charms, Swarovski Crystals, and the most basic crochet technique, a single chain stitch, you too can recreate this fun and personalized charm bracelet!
- CRYSTALLIZED Swarovski Elements: Crystal, Bicone, 4mm; Vintage Rose, Cubes, 8mm, two; Assorted Colors: Pearls, 4mm, 10; 6mm, eight
- Beadalon Satin Gold 7-Strand Bead Stringing Wire
- Nunn Design Antique Gold findings: Small Textured Cable Chain; Headpin, 2″; Mum Flower Charm; Small Jump Rings, two; Large Jump Ring; Vetri Beaded 14 Oval; Vetri Glass
- Judikins Diamond Glaze Adhesive
- Patterned paper, small scrap
- Beadalon Tools: Round-Nose and Flat-Nose Pliers, Wire Snips
- Crochet hook, size G
1 Pass headpin through 4mm crystal, and 6mm pearl as shown. Use round-nose pliers to create loop at top of pin, wind excess length around top of bicone to create bead cap.
2 Pass half of remaining pearls and crystals randomly onto beading wire. Create slip knot in end of wire and chain two; pull first bead up chain three more. Pull up additional beads one at a time, and chain random number of stitches until chain is approximately 8-1/2” long, secure end. Repeat with second half of beads, secure end.
3 Cut 8-12” length of chain. Braid crocheted chains and textured chain. Use pliers to open large jump ring, secure all six ends of chains and top loop of dangle in jump ring before closing ring.
4 Use pliers to open small jump rings; place on loops of charms. Attach charms to bracelet and close jump rings. Trace Vetri glass onto patterned paper, trim and adhere to center of Vertri Charm. Cover surface of paper with Diamond Glaze and adhere glass over top. Set aside to dry completely.
Design and photography by Keri Lee Sereika (www.pinklemonade.typepad.com)