Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Ideal for your Valentine’s Day décor, dainty hearts and sheer lavender ribbon add a special touch of elegance to this unique wreath – the perfect way to greet guests this February 14th.
- Dow STYROFOAM Brand Foam Wreath, 2” thick, 12” wide
- White embossed flower paper
- Round mirror, 7”
- Dried moss
- Lavender two-tone sheer wire-end ribbon, 2-1⁄2” wide, 3 yards
- Feathers, three each: pink, purple
- DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paints: Baby Pink, Peony Pink, Wild Orchid
- DecoArt Dazzling Metallics White Pearl Paint
- Scallop decorative-edge scissors
- Zipper-lock plastic bag
- Beacon Adhesives Quick Grip All-Purpose Permanent Adhesive
scissors, hammer, paintbrush, tweezers
Adhere moss to top and sides of wreath, covering completely. Place mirror in plastic bag. Turn mirror upside down on concrete surface; break with hammer. Using tweezers, carefully adhere mirror pieces to moss as shown. Wrap and twist ribbon around wreath, tying into bow at bottom right.
Print and cut out pattern. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.) Use decorative-edge scissors to cut six hearts from paper. Drybrush heart surfaces Peony Pink and edges Baby Pink. Drybrush surfaces again with White Pearl. Drybrush details Wild Orchid.
Bend center of hearts upward, with edges back, to make them appear dimensional. Adhere feather to back of each heart; trim at bottom. Adhere hearts to wreath. Adhere extra moss to wreath as desired.
by Mary Ayres