Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Use Xyron adhesives to transform a plain papier-mâché box into seasonal décor that works not only for beautiful autumn days, but also for spooktacular Halloween night!
- Papier-mâché box, 5”x5”x5-1/2”
- Floral foam, 2”x4”x4”
- Silk flower bunches: autumn mums/sunflowers, black roses
- Orange berry stem
- Halloween-themed 6”x6” paper pad
- Coordinating Halloween-themed cardstock title
- Orange glitter cardstock
- Assorted metal mini gears, five
- Black zipper rose with jeweled center, 2-3/4”
- Black felt trim, 1/2” wide
- Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape, 1/2”
- Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots: 3/16”, 3/8”
- Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit
- Die-cutting system and jumbo flourish die
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, glue gun and sticks, wire cutters
Use glue gun to adhere floral foam into bottom of box.
Cut four 5”x5-1/2” sheet music paper panels to cover box sides.
Apply four strips of Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape to each face of box along edges. Remove liners from first side of box and press paper panel to surface. Repeat to cover all sides.
Cut four 5”x1” damask paper strips. Adhere strips around sides of box, very slightly above center, using Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape.
Apply continuous line of Xyron 1/4” Double-Sided High Tack Tape from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit around top edge of box. Press felt trim firmly to tape while wrapping box; trim ends to just meet.
For autumn side of box, cut four 1” squares from orange text paper. Using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots, adhere mini gears to squares as shown. Adhere gear squares to damask strip using Foam Squares from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit.
For Halloween side of box, die cut flourish from orange glitter cardstock; adhere to box as shown using Xyron 3/16” High Tack Adhesive Dots. Mat cardstock title on orange glitter cardstock; adhere layers together using Xyron 1/2” Double-Sided High Tack Tape. Adhere title to box using Foam Squares from Xyron Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit. Adhere zipper rose to box using several Xyron 3/8” High Tack Adhesive Dots. (Note: If weight of rose pulls it away from box, reattach rose using glue gun.)
To display autumn side of box, insert mums into foam. To display Halloween side of box, remove mums and insert berry stem and black roses. Check fit; trim stem ends of floral bunches as needed using wire cutters before inserting back into foam.
- Unlike other double-sided liner tapes, Xyron Double-Sided High Tack Tape can be torn by hand and quickly applied to a variety of surfaces, saving you time.
by Xyron, Inc. (www.xyron.com)