Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create sweet hair adornments for your little girl by dressing up snap hair clips with felt flowers.
- My Favorite Things Felt: Razzle Berry, Blu Raspberry, Grapesicle, Sour Apple
- My Favorite Things Sweet Tooth Buttons
- Snap hair clips, six
- Self-adhesive rhinestones, two
- My Favorite Things Hemp Cord
- Die-cutting machine and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Large Rolled Rose, Pretty Posies, Flower and Leaf Trio, Royal Leaves
- Glue gun and sticks
(Note: Make two of each type flower.)
Die-cut two Large Rolled Rose shapes from Razzle Berry felt, two sets of Flower and Leaf Trio shapes from Blu Raspberry felt, two sets of Pretty Posies shapes from Grapesicle felt, and six large and six medium Royal Leaves from Sour Apple felt.
Roll two Razzle Berry roses. Starting at outer edge, use fingers to roll felt towards you. Using glue gun, apply glue to bottom edge to secure flowers.
Use glue gun to adhere three Blu Raspberry flower layers together, from largest to smallest. Repeat to make second flower. Adhere self-adhesive rhinestones to flower centers.
Repeat Step 3 for Grapesicle flowers. For flower centers, thread two buttons with hemp cord; tie into bow. Adhere buttons to flower centers using glue gun.
Use glue gun to adhere one large and one medium Sour Apple leaf to base of each flower.
Open snap hair clip and adhere flower/leaf combination using glue gun. (Note: Open hair clip before adhering flower to prevent clip from being glued closed.)
- Make additional flowers, of one type or multiple types, to decorate a headband or cuff bracelet.
by Jodi Collins for My Favorite Things (www.mftstamps.com)