Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Create this cute card to tell a friend what a big impact she’s made on your life.
- Cardstock: My Favorite Things Nightshift Blue, X-Press It Blending Card
- Lily Bee Design Double Dutch Collection 6”x6” Paper Pad
- Silver brads, six
- Die-cutting system and My Favorite Things Die-namics Dies: Sentiment Strips, Simply Scallops Medium
- My Favorite Things à la modes Collection You Anchor Me Stamp Set
- Acrylic block
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
- .Too Marker Corp. COPIC Markers: E00, E11, Y21, E31, E33, R05, R08, R37, B95, B97, B99, C00, C1, C3, BG70, BG72, 0.25 Black Multiliner, Opaque White
- Newell-Rubbermaid Prismacolor Colored Pencils
- Adhesives: paper adhesive; X-Press It Foam Tape, 1/2”
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, toothpick, paper piercer and mat
Make 4-1/4”x5-1/2” navy top-fold card.
Cut 4”x5-1/4” red patterned paper panel; adhere to card.
Die cut navy scalloped border strip.
Cut 4”x2-3/8” blue gingham paper panel; mat on 4”x2-5/8” navy cardstock panel. Center scalloped border strip along back bottom edge of mat; trim ends. Adhere to lower half of card as shown.
Stamp image onto Blending Card; trim to 2”x3-7/8”. Using photo as guide, color image with markers. Using toothpick and Opaque White marker, dot shirt with polka dots. Add grass using Multiliner; color ground with colored pencils. Mat image on navy cardstock.
Pierce six holes in image panel for brads, using photo as guide. Insert brads.
Die cut one sentiment strip from Blending Card scraps. Stamp “You Are” onto one flagged end; trim. Stamp “My Anchor” onto remaining flagged end.
Adhere image panel to card using foam tape; adhere sentiments under edge of image as shown.
- Use a toothpick and an opaque white marker to create easy polka dots on the shirt.
by Michele Boyer (www.papercuts.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com)