Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
These silly little turkeys are stuffed with a candy surprise! Create several for your child’s Thanksgiving treats for school, or to use as table favors on Thanksgiving Day.
- Stretch glove: rust, tan, or brown
- Craft foam scraps: tan, red, yellow
- Wiggle eyes, 7mm, two
- Yellow chenille stem
- Plastic sandwich bag
- Candy treat
- Thick craft glue
scissors, ruler, measuring cup
- Print patterns. (Note: The blue word “patterns” is a link. To access these patterns, select the link, then download and print.) Cut patterns from craft foam as indicated on patterns.
- Use photo as guide to make turkey. Adhere eyes, beak, and wattle to thumb and wing to palm of glove as shown.
- For legs, cut chenille stem to measure 9”. Fill sandwich bag with approximately 1/2 cup of candy. Center and twist legs around bag above candy; cut away excess bag. Wrap ends of each leg around feet; twist to secure.
- Place candy bag inside glove so feet are sticking out. Fold up glove cuff 3/4” and bend legs up.
by Kathy Wegner