Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Steer away those mid-winter sniffles with a steaming mug of homemade soup served along with a friendly reminder to enjoy the lighter side of life.
- Ceramic items: bowl, 7” diameter; mug with saucer, 3-3/4” tall
- Plaid Apple Barrel Gloss Paints: Black, Beachcomber Beige, Mossy Green, Deep Purple, White
- Paintbrushes: round brush, flat brush
- Plaid Bottle Top Tip Writers (30728)
scissors, pencil, transfer paper, paper plate (for palette)
Wash and dry ceramic items. Print and cut out pattern. (Note: The blue word “pattern” is a link. To access this pattern, select the link, then download and print pattern.) Transfer vine pattern randomly around bottom of bowl and on mug.
Use round brush to paint the following: vines and leaves Mossy Green, berries on vines mix Deep Purple + White (1:1). Use flat brush to paint checkered border around bowl and saucer rims with Black and Beachcomber Beige.
Following manufacturer’s instructions, use bottle top tip writer and Black to free-hand paint lettering. Lightly spatter paint mug, saucer, and bowl with Black.
For increased durability, set can be baked in the oven. Follow manufacturer’s instructions on paint bottles.
- Use fabric paint to make a matching set of place mats and napkins.
- Paint design on a vase for matching centerpiece.
by Kirsten Jones