Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Use a mini clipboard to create a piece of art that can showcase interchangeable photos.
- Timber mini clipboard, size A5
- Heartfelt Creations Antiquity Paper Collection (HCDP1 237)
- Green cardstock
- Brown organza ribbon
- Die-cutting system
- Heartfelt Creations PreCut Stamp Sets: Mini Vintage Floret (HCPC 3502), Open Vintage Floret (HCPC 3500)
- Dies: Heartfelt Creations Vintage Floret Die (HCD 727); Spellbinders Shapeabilities Foliage (472123) and Foliage Two (S5-129), Decorative Elements Nestabilities Timeless Rectangle (031458)
- McGill Paper Blossoms Molding Mat and Tool Kit
- Paint: Art Anthology Dimensional Crystal Guava, Making Memories Scrapbook Colors Manila
- Imagine Crafts Tsukineko Ink Pads: Stazon Jet Black, Brilliance Crimson Copper
- Tattered Angels Pearl Glimmer Mist
- Ranger Stickles Crystal Glitter Glue
- Corner rounder punch
- Acrylic block
- Adhesives: foam dots, paper adhesive
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, sponge dauber, paintbrush, newspaper (to cover work surface)
On covered work surface, paint clipboard Manila; set aside to dry.
Cut 6-1/2”x9” patterned paper panel; round corners and adhere to clipboard.
Cut decorative panel from patterned paper; adhere to chipboard sheet (from back of paper pack) and trim as needed. Adhere chipboard panel to clipboard.
Die cut medium rectangle from desired paper; adhere to chipboard sheet and trim as needed. Adhere to center of decorative panel with foam dots.
Stamp, die cut, and assemble seven flowers in varying sizes from patterned paper. For large flowers, cut two each of die 5, 6 and 7. Use dauber to ink petal edges Crimson Copper; spray with Glimmer Mist to moisten. On back, rub with stylus (from tool kit) until cup shape is formed. Turn flower over and gently push center in to allow petals to rise up. Layer each piece from large to small, adhering as you go. Gently bend and curl each petal until overall flower shape is achieved. Repeat for medium flowers with dies 6, 5 and 4, and for small flower with dies 5, 4 and 3.
Die cut foliage pieces and adhere to clipboard as shown. Using foliage as base and photo as guide, cluster larger flowers at bottom left and smaller flowers at top right of chipboard. When desired arrangement is achieved, adhere in place.
Cut ticket shape title and subtitle from patterned paper; adhere to clipboard as shown, placing foam dots in center only to allow photo to slide in and out.
Detail cut tiny butterflies from patterned paper. Fold butterflies on each side of body; shape wings up. Layer two butterflies together, adhering bodies only and leaving wings free and dimensional. Adhere to clipboard as desired.
Apply lines of Guava paint dots along sides of each butterfly body, and in horizontal lines across body. Randomly apply glitter glue along rims of some flower petals. Let dry completely.
Tie ribbon through metal loop at top of clipboard. Place photo in clip.
- For display, prop clipboard on small, tabletop easel, or hang on wall using picture-hanging adhesive.
by Alicia Barry for Heartfelt Creations (www.heartfeltcreations.us)