Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Combine chic paper tape and an easy watercolor technique to craft this merry-and-bright greeting.
- White cardstock: textured, smooth
- Queen & Co. Trendy Tape Vertical Stripes Teal
- Punches: corner rounder, assorted circles
- Printworks Stamps: Star Snowflake (B3845), Be Merry (A2764)
- Black pigment ink pad
- Clear embossing powder
- Markers: Ranger Tim Holtz Evergreen Distress Marker, Imagination International COPIC Yellow
- Ranger Inkssentials Glossy Accents
- Water-barrel brush
- Tiny stapler
- Paper adhesive
paper trimmer, scoring tool, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool
Make 4-1/2”x6” top-fold card from textured white cardstock; round bottom corners.
Cut 4-1/4”x4” textured white cardstock panel; round bottom corners. Apply diagonal tape strips across panel as shown; trim tape even with panel edges. Adhere panel to card.
Stamp sentiment and four snowflakes onto smooth white cardstock, leaving space between images; heat emboss with clear powder.
Lightly trace snowflakes with Evergreen marker; use water-barrel brush to blend color, creating watercolor look. Color stars with yellow marker. Punch snowflakes into circles of assorted size; overlap and adhere to card along top of taped panel. Highlight stars with Glossy Accents; let dry.
Cut sentiment into small, notched flag; staple to upper left corner of card.
- For a glitzy version of this card, use metallic tape and outline snowflake images with glitter glue instead of marker.
by Linda Beeson (www.pkod.blogspot.com)