Craft Ideas Craft of the Day
Capture the beauty of the first snow of the season with this gorgeous mini album.
- Maya Road 3-Ring Chipboard Tab Book, 8″x5″
- Chipboard cut-outs: snowflakes, letters to spell “1st Snow”
- Embellishments: chunky crystal glitter, fine transparent clear glitter, light blue gems
- Burlap scrap
- Thin natural twine
- Ribbons: white, brown, white tulle
- Xyron Adhesives: 1.5” Create-A-Sticker, 3” Sticker Maker, Clear Hold Adhesive from Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit, High Tack 3/8” Adhesive Dots
- Embossing machine and embossing folder of choice
- Background stamps of choice
- Acrylic paints: light blue, white, brown
scissors, baby wipe, paintbrushes, newspaper (to cover work surface)
Remove pages from book rings. On covered work surface, paint all pages and snowflakes with light blue paint; let dry.
Paint chipboard letters white; let dry.
Place snowflakes in embossing folder; emboss.
Glaze snowflakes with brown acrylic paint, working it into the crevices with your fingers; wipe away with baby wipe. Let dry.
Using white paint, stamp each page to add dimension.
Run snowflakes facedown through Xyron 1.5” Sticker Maker. Rub backing, then peel to remove snowflakes. Sprinkle with fine clear glitter.
Run letters facedown through Xyron 3” Sticker Maker. Rub backing, then peel to remove. Sprinkle with fine clear glitter. Add chunky glitter as desired, adhering with Xyron’s Clear Hold Adhesive from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit.
Use seasonal stamped sentiments or die-cuts to embellish interior pages.
Fold burlap on itself; trim to desired size. Tie twine around burlap bundle; secure with Xyron’s Clear Hold Adhesive from the Teresa Collins Adhesive Kit. Adhere snowflakes, letters and bundle to cover with Xyron’s High Tack 3/8” Adhesive Dots. Adhere gems to snowflake centers.
Reassemble book. Cut ribbons into 3” lengths; tie on rings.
by Linda Neff for Xyron, Inc. (www.xyron.com)