Crafts ’n things Craft of the Day
Cards created to encourage or thank a cherished friend should be extra special. Nestabilities Card Creator Dies from Spellbinders make it easy to get stunning looks like this!
- Neenah Classic Crest Natural White 80 lb. Cardstock
- Papers: Pink Paislee London Market 6”x6” Paper Pad, Die Cuts with a View The Garden Tea Party Paper Stack, Colorbök Gold Foil Paper
- Maya Road Trinket Pin
- Clear earring back
- Michaels Bead Landing Floral Filigree
- Michaels Recollections Signature Pearl Stickers
- May Arts Silk Ribbon SK19, 1-1/4” wide, 1-1/4 yds.
- White lace trim, 2-1/2” wide, 1/6 yd.
- Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die-Cutting System and Nestabilities Card Creator A2 Filigree Delight Die S5-177
- JustRite Papercraft Good Friends Labels Twenty-Nine Stamp Set CR-04345
- Our Daily Bread Designs Becca’s Peg Bow Maker
- Tsukineko VersaFine Onyx Black Ink Pad
- Michaels Recollections Detail Clear Embossing Powder
- Adhesives: Tombow Stamp Runner Adhesive, 3M Scotch Brand Foam Tape
paper trimmer, scissors, ruler, pencil, heat tool, scoring board, wax paper
1. Cut two 5-1/2”x8-1/2” panels from Natural White cardstock. Score and fold one panel 1” from one short end. Adhere second cardstock panel to front of flap. Trim finished card base to 5-1/4”x6-3/8”.
2. Cut 5-1/8”x6-1/4” panels from Natural White cardstock and peach polka-dot paper. Adhere panels together. (Note: This helps to reinforce card front to support weight of trinket pin.)
3. Wrap lace and ribbon around layered panel as shown, adhering ends at back. Adhere panel to card base using foam tape.
4. Cut 4-3/8”x5-1/2” Pink Paislee floral/text paper panel and 4-1/2”x5-5/8” gold paper panel. Adhere panels together.
5. Stamp Onyx Black sentiment at center upper half of floral/text panel; heat emboss with clear powder.
6. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to tie multi-loop bow around layered panel; adhere panel to card using foam tape.
7. Die cut/emboss Filigree Delight A2 template from gold paper, using wax paper for ease of removal. Adhere filigree panel to card using tiny pieces of foam tape.
8. Adhere pearls to corners and midpoints of filigree panel. Insert trinket pin through center of bow; place earring back on tip of pin. Adhere filigree piece to bow.
- To create oversized, top-fold cards, create a “hinge” by cutting the back piece slightly longer and scoring it to create a flap. Adhere front panel to flap.
by Becca Feeken for Spellbinders (www.spellbinderscreativearts.com)