Fall party guests will smile when they see this adorable treat box filled with candy!
Cardstock: American Crafts Chestnut, Cranberry, Mustard; Simple Stories SNAP Color Vibe Yellow Dot/Chevron
Self-adhesive black enamel dots
Silhouette CAMEO Electronic Cutting Machine and Turkey Pillow Box Shape
Adhesive runner or adhesive of choice
paper trimmer, computer
Turkey Treat Box
1. Gather supplies. Trim cardstock as follows: Chestnut, 6-1/2”x7”; Chevron, 4”x3-3/4”; Cranberry, 2”x2”; Mustard, 2”x2”.
2. Place papers on Silhouette Cutting Mat as shown and load into CAMEO.
3. Open Silhouette Studio software on computer. Ungroup Turkey Pillow Box Shape parts and move each piece to correspond with the placement of papers on the mat in Step 2.
4. Choose the “cardstock” setting in Silhouette Studio and click cut. Remove papers from CAMEO when complete.
5. Assemble pillow box, adhering side flap closed and folding along dotted lines to create top and bottom. Adhere chevron tail feathers to back. Adhere facial features to front and lightly flip up edges of chest “feathers”.
6. Fill with treats.
Googly eyes can be used in place of enamel dots, if desired
Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and giving something sweet to someone I love is my favorite way to celebrate! It’s Jill Cornell here today with quick-and-easy treat bags to fill with goodies for someone special. (Complete supplies and instructions can be found in the February 2013 issue of Crafts ‘n things).
I simply took glassine bags (which are somewhat transparent) and filled them up with treats. Then I decorated each bag. Pebbles, Inc. has a beautiful Valentine-themed collection called “With Love.” For the first bag, I added a transparent doily from Maya Road and a punched paper border. I folded the bag over and then clipped a gift tag, punched heart, and masking tape sticker to the bag with a decorative clothespin.
For the second bag, I cut a paper doily (found at craft stores) in half and punched a heart border strip from patterned paper. The bag was folded over and then I added another gift tag, masking tape sticker, punched heart, and tied the gift tag with twine before adding the cute clothespin.
Finally, I punched a heart border strip, added another transparent doily, and the gift tag with punched heart and masking tape sticker. I added a ribbon bow to the top of the tag and clipped it to the bag with a clothespin.
And now I have beautifully decorated bags to share with someone special!